As accessories, hats are hard to top. Infinitely practical and undeniably fun to wear, hats run the gamut from chunky knit caps that keep out the cold to light and chic toppers that turn heads. More than just a pattern book, this volume introduces knitters to the wonderful world of hat knitting.
Inside you'll find:
• A brief history of knitted hats
• A primer on hat construction and types of hats
• Useful information on fit and measuring, yarn substitutions, blocking, and more
• 50 complete patterns, including more than 30 all-new designs
• Dozens of gorgeous stitch patterns and techniques, including cables, lace, and colorwork, and ideas for embellishing hats
With the wide array of designs included in this collection, it's understandable if they go to your head.
Hardcover with jacket
8.5 x 10 x .75 inches • 176 pages