Privacy & Security
Sixth&Spring Books is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Sixth&Spring Books Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Sixth&Spring Books website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- Collection of your Personal Information
Sixth&Spring Books may collect personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Sixth&Spring Books also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Sixth&Spring Books. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Sixth&Spring Books for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Sixth&Spring Books Web site.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Sixth&Spring Books public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: The Sixth&Spring Books does not read any of your private online communications.
- Sixth&Spring Books encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Sixth&Spring Books so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Sixth&Spring Books is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Sixth&Spring Books Web site.
- Use of your Personal Information
Sixth&Spring Books collects and uses your personal information to operate the Sixth&Spring Books Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Sixth&Spring Books also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Sixth&Spring Books and its affiliates. Sixth&Spring Books may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Sixth&Spring Books does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Sixth&Spring Books, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Sixth&Spring Books may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Sixth&Spring Books, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Sixth&Spring Books does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.Sixth&Spring Books keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Sixth&Spring Books, in order to determine what Sixth&Spring Books services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Sixth&Spring Books to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- The Sixth&Spring Books Web site will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Sixth&Spring Books or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Sixth&Spring Books; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Sixth&Spring Books, or the public.
The Sixth&Spring Books Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the Sixth&Spring Books pages, or register with Sixth&Spring Books site or services, a cookie helps Sixth&Spring Books to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Sixth&Spring Books Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use Sixth&Spring Books features that you customized.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Sixth&Spring Books services or Web sites you visit.
- Security of your Personal Information
Sixth&Spring Books secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Sixth&Spring Books secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Changes to this Statement
Sixth&Spring Books will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Sixth&Spring Books encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Sixth&Spring Books is protecting your information.
- Contact Information
Sixth&Spring Books welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Sixth&Spring Books has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
- Shipping & Delivery
Shipping is currently available only within the U.S. and Canada. Orders are shipped within two business days, and standard shipping may require 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
We also offer Federal Express Ground, 2Day Air (second business day), and Standard Overnight (next business afternoon). Rates vary by weight and distance; your rate will be calculated during the checkout process in our online bookstore. Federal Express service is available only within the U.S. Residents of Canada must use standard shipping.
- Returns & Replacements
Please note that all sales are final. Items will be replaced only if incorrect or damaged in transit and returned to us. Please notify us of incorrect or damaged goods by phone within 10 days of delivery for a replacement. Claims of lost items must be made within 30 days of purchase.
Sixth&Spring Books accepts orders from individuals only. If you are a bookseller, please contact our distributor, Sterling Publishing Co., at (800) 805-5489, ext. 2468. Individuals may place orders through our online store or by telephone: Toll Free: 1-877-860-6164 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST)
- Holiday Ordering Guidelines
Get your gifts before Christmas! See the chart below to make sure your gifts arrive on or before December 24th. These shipping options apply to items in stock shipped to physical adresses within the United States only.
|Christmas Shipping Method
||Order by 1:00 P.M. PT/4:00 P.M. ET on
|FedEx Home Delivery
|FedEx 2-Day Air
|FedEx Standard Overnight
|USPS First Class Mail
||7-10+ days for delivery
- Payment Methods
Our online store currently accepts payment by VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. For orders placed by phone, we accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, check and money order. All orders must be payable in U.S. Dollars.
- Sales Tax
PA residents add 6% sales tax.
NY residents add 8.375% sales tax.
- Backordered Books
If you order a book that is backordered or not yet available, your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase, and your order will be fulfilled as soon as the book is in stock in our warehouse. The estimated date of availability for out-of-stock books will be listed on the individual book pages in our online bookstore. If this date changes after you place an order, we will notify you by e-mail.